The impact of battery energy storage systems on distribution networks
Battery Electric Energy Storage Systems (BESS) are increasingly entering electric distribution networks. Distribution system operators, suppliers, vendors and policy makers lack a common framework in terms of guidelines and recommended practices on the way BESS should be integrated into the distribution networks. The objective of WG C6.30 entitled "The Impact of Battery Energy Storage Systems on Distribution Networks" is to complement and update earlier work on Electric Energy Storage Systems. The TB produced focuses on:
- Planning and design considerations for BESS in distribution systems;
- Operational considerations for BESS in distribution systems;
- Use-cases and business cases for BESS in distribution systems;
- Standards and Grid Codes for BESS in distribution systems;
- Practical international experiences with BESS in distribution systems.
File Size: 4,8 MB
Pages NB: 125
Study Committee: C6 ?
WG (TF): WG C6.30
Electromagnetic transient simulation models for large-scale system impact studies in power systems having a high penetration of inverter-connected generation
Voltage Source Converter (VSC) HVDC for Power Transmission - Economic Aspects and Comparison with other AC and DC Technologies
Update of service experience of HV underground and submarine cable systems
Guide to procedures for estimating the lightning performance of transmission lines